Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Abounding Joyfulness

After a great weekend with the Lindemann clan, it was hard to get on the plane and come home. It was one of those weekends where you just look around and think, how did we get this blessed this fast. I wanted to take some time today and offer up some thankfulness for the many blessings that God has given to my family and friends in the past few weeks:

1. Nick and Sophia: my brother in law has the kindest heart and he waited for a woman worthy of that heart for a long time. Sophia is perfect for him and a perfect addition to our family. Nick couldn't stop looking like he was still was dreaming. It was great to celebrate their love.

2. March Madness: Nick and Sophia's blessings continues with the hand off of a sonogram. This picture of our future niece or nephew was adorable and once again, Nick looked at us like he couldn't figure out what he did to get here. Although if he doesn't know, I am not going to be the one to explain it to him.

3. Fun times with family: From a dance party to a cheese curd orgy, it is always fun to hang out with family. Nathan, Caitlin and Lexi were funny and entertaining. Logan, Cindy and I were carded, there was a Packer game, Jeff looks healthy and made me laugh. I lost at Farkle and ate way too much food. Sometimes it fun to just hang out and laugh.

4. Fried Cheese Curds: I love them and I am glad that I have to fly 6 hours to be able to eat them. Otherwise, my behind would need it's own zip code.

5. My Mom & Jonathan: It was easy to relax and enjoy knowing that Ashley was with my Mom and Jonathan. She had an amazing time and had story after story to share with us. I am thankful that they took the time to make her feel special.

6. Starbucks: kept me from killing anyone. Thank you for putting a store in Manitowoc.

7. Sophia Gamble: Our friends Anna and Bryan welcomed their first child on Sunday. They are great people and such loving friends. I am so happy for them and excited to meet Sophia.

8. Ashley: everything we experienced this weekend was fun and amazing, but nothing was better than coming to a note that had the words "mom" and "dad" on it. It was a miracle. We still don't know what the future holds, but we are going to trust God with that and revel in this moment.

So much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment