Monday, June 20, 2011

Deep Thoughts

It has been a busy few weeks! Here are few things I have been thinking about.

1. Having spent a week traveling with 8th graders through DC, Gettysburg and Philly, I am so thankful for my job. It has been a rough year to be an educator. I appreciated the chance to hang out with kids and remember why I became a teacher in the first place. 8th graders are awesome.

2. My husband is amazing, he went along with us to DC and was amazing at helping me manage anxiety and reminding me to relax and have fun.

3. I really want to continue to push myself to reflect amazing love and grace. I struggle with this everyday,  but believe that looking for ways to demonstrate love to everyone I will improve my life in radical and unimagined ways.

4. I really miss my best friend. It is time for a getaway to refresh and rejevunate, oh and sing musicals and Disney songs while laughing about stupid things.

5. I still know all the words to "Push It" by Salt N' Pepa. I had a dance party with some girls during room checks.  I still got it.

6. For two years I have wanted to take my Mom and Mom In Law on a trip to NYC. It is time to stop talking and start planning.

7. I love summer in the Willamette Valley. It is a beautiful place to live.

8. We start our adoption support group on Thursday, I am nervous.

9. I hate living too far away from all of our nieces and nephews and that we are too far to meet my new sister-in-law and celebrate with Nick.

10. I haven't seen my Mom in a week and I really miss her. I am 33, but still hate being away from my Mom. Pretty much I am a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment