Monday, April 23, 2012

Book Challenge Day 11: The book that made you fall in love with reading



This is the first book that I remember ordering in the Scholastic Book order. I got the whole series for my 7th Birthday, and I devoured it. I loved Ramona. She was the youngest, and always behind everyone, and she had a big sister who thought she knew everything. Ramona's life was my life. Ramona's struggles with Beezus, spoke to me more than any other aspect of this book. I was 7, and my sister Wednesday was 14. We didn't have a lot in common, and at the same time she stopped being my playmate and was always wanting to be with her friends and did not want me and Nicole hanging around.  Ramona helped me figure out that my sister still loved me, and that I wasn't the only baby of the family who felt like everyone got to do what I wasn't allowed to do. I loved her family, and her adventures.  When I was younger I could read these books nonstop. They made me love books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment