Sunday, April 29, 2012

Book Challenge Double Whammy

I missed yesterday, so today I am doing a two for one.

Day 15: Best book about a foreign culture


This is the first book I read in my Frosh English class at WOU. That turned out to be the only English class I enjoyed, and a lot of it had to do with this book. Allende's depiction of Chile's turbulent society under Pinochet's rule is shrouded under a cloud of magical realism. This is a beautiful book.

Day 16: Best adaption to a movie

Atonement is one of the best books that I have ever read. The tightly crafted story is entrancing. It is a book you can't put down. The movie does a very good job of capturing the book. Both the movie and the book maintain an air of mystery and slight discomfort. You know something is wrong, but you can't quite place your finger on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment